|Try the Cloudy demo.||See this short video that explains you Community Clouds.|
A longer video with interviews about Community Clouds.
Community networking, also known as bottom-up networking, is an emerging model for the Future Internet across Europe and beyond where communities of citizens can build, operate and own open IP-based networks, a key infrastructure for individual and collective digital participation.
The CLOMMUNITY project aims at addressing the obstacles for communities of citizens in bootstrapping, running and expanding community-owned networks that provide community services organised as community clouds. That requires solving specific research challenges imposed by the requirement of: self-managing and scalable decentralized infrastructure services for the management and aggregation of a large number of widespread low-cost unreliable networking, storage and home computing resources; distributed platform services to support and facilitate the design and operation of elastic, resilient and scalable service overlays and user-oriented services built over these underlying services, providing a good quality of experience at the lowest economic and environmental cost.
This will be achieved through experimentally-driven research, using the FIRE CONFINE community networking testbed, the participation of large user communities, and software developers from several community networks, by extending existing cloud service prototypes in a cyclic participatory process of design, development, experimentation, evaluation and optimization for each challenge.
Go to the Project Wiki to see details of our work.
Clommunity is a FIRE project.
Open mailing list: clommunity-announce
Events we organize:
- 2nd International Workshop on Community Networks and Bottom-up-Broadband (CNBuB 2013)
- 3rd International Workshop on Community Networks and Bottom-up-Broadband (CNBuB 2014)
Events we participate:
- Battlemesh v6: 15-21th April 2013, Aalborg, Denmark
- IEEE WoWMoM 2013, 4-7 June 2013, Madrid, Spain
- IEEE CSCWD 2013, June 27-29 2013, Whistler, Canada
- Future Network & Mobile Summit 2013, 3 – 5 July 2013, Lisbon, Portugal
- International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing 2013, 9-11 September 2013, Trento, Italy
- GECON 2013, 18-20 September 2013, Zaragoza, Spain
- International Summit for Community Wireless Networks (IS4CWN 2013), 2-4 October 2013, Berlin, Germany
- IEEE WiMob 2013, 7-9 October 2013, Lyon, France
- IEEE Gobal Humanitarian Technology Conference, October 20-23 2013, Silicon Valley, California, USA
- The 4th Global Information Infrastructure and Networking Symposium (GIIS 2013), October 28-31 2013, Trento, Italy
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2014), March 10-14 2014, Boston, USA
- Future Internet Assembly (FIA), March 17-20 2014, Athens, Greece
- Battlemesh v7: 12-18th May 2014, Leipzig, Germany
- , May 13-16 2014, Victoria, Canada
- 11th International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence (DCAI 2014), June 4-6 2014, Salamanca, Spain.
- 2014 Tech4Dev International Conference, June 4-6 2014, Lausanne, Switzerland
- The 14th International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA 2014), June 30 – July 3, 2014, Guimaraes, Portual
- ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Distributed Cloud Computing DCC 2014, August 17-22 2014, Chicago, USA
- MASCOTS 2014, September 9-11, 2014, Paris, France
- INCoS 2014, September 10-12, 2014, Salerno, Italy
- GECON 2014, September 16-18, 2014, Cardiff, UK
- European Conference on the Future Internet (ECFI), September 17-18, 2014, Munich, Germany
- IEEE WiMob 2014, 8-10 October 2014, Larnaca, Cyprus